- This event has passed.
Vegan Meal Pickup/Delivery: Tuesday March 6
March 6, 2018 @ 12:00 pm - 3:00 pm$75
For this delivery, we’re offering 3 entrees, 2 sides, dessert, a pantry staple, and couple recipes, all for $75. Every week has a gluten free option too! Just make the request when you order.
If you’re interested in Tuesday delivery, let us know by the previous Sunday at 11 pm, and we’ll send you a confirmation email in short time!
We’ll tell you all the details you need to order at the very end of this email, but first, here’s the menu for this week:
1) Peking-Style Yuba & Tofu Roulade: Broccoli, Lotus Root, Bell Pepper, Black Garlic Gravy, Scallion, Rice.
This is a fantastic dish that is similar to the ‘Peking Duck’ that is popular in Chinese cuisine, only we’re serving it with a medley of fantastic vegetables, rice, and a black garlic gravy that is similar to a hoisin sauce to tie it all together.
2) Smoked Tempeh, Roasted Brussels Sprouts with Root Vegetables, Black Garlic Gravy: This is very similar to one of the entrees we served to 60 people at the Factory Farming Awareness Coalitions 2017 Gala! We braise the tempeh in a rich stock for nearly 2 hours, then smoke it using mesquite wood for nearly 2 hours. It’s sliced, and served with a fermented black garlic gravy. Black garlic is fermented at 120 degrees for nearly 2 weeks, and is my favorite ingredient for making a rich gravy. People at the FFAC Gala had asked to buy it in bulk, and I understand why.
3) Oyakodon: Traditional Japanese ‘chicken and egg’ dish, only we’ll be using confit trumpet mushrooms, tofu and vegan egg scramble, tamari, mirin wine, scallions, and togarashi over rice.
4) Kimpira Salad: A salad a julienned and wok-seared organic carrots and burdock, seasoned with sesame and mirin wine.
5) Japanese Squash, Tofu, and Vegetable Soup: A classic Japanese hot pot style soup you can enjoy with your entrees.
6) Matcha Cheesecake: A delectable vegan cheesecake flavored with matcha green tea.
7) Carrot Lox & Cashew Cream Cheese: We bake our carrots whole encrusted in salt, peel them, and cure them for a few days in our blend of oil, vinegar, and spices. Served with our housemade cashew cream cheese on bagels or toast, it’s quite the treat for breakfast!
If you are interested in this delivery,
Please email us at email@example.com and tell us:
1) How many sets you would like to order
2) If you have any special dietary restrictions, and
3) If you would like to pick up your order at Kitchen 17, located at 3132 N. Broadway Ave. in Chicago during usual business hours (3:00 – 10:00) on either Tuesday or Wednesday,
If you are in the north side of Chicago, and are available for our Tuesday delivery between Noon and 3:00 pm, or 6:00 and 9:00 pm., leave your name, address, time, and phone number for delivery.
We will get back to you shortly!
The deadline for ordering is by 11:00 pm Sunday evening.
The entire set with delivery is an even $75, and we hope to feed you soon!