- This event has passed.
Tuesday September 19 Noon – 4:00: Vegan Meal Delivery Service!
September 14, 2017 @ 12:00 am
This will be the THIRD WEEK Fancy Plants Catering will be trying a vegan meal delivery service, where we bring you 4 entrees, 2 sides, a pantry staple, and dessert all for $80. We’ll be trying this for a short time, and if it’s a success, perhaps we’ll keep it going… this week we will be serving:
1) Charashi (aka sushi bowl): We’ll make well seasoned sushi rice, and top it off with tomato ‘tuna,’ smoked eggplant, tamari pickled shiitake mushrooms, scallions, fermented green bean, accordion cut cucumber, and kelp caviar.
Served with wasabi and pickled ginger.
(PLEASE NOTE: While you can eat it later, this dish is best eaten the day of, or the following day)
2) Grilled Oyster Mushroom Gumbo: A classic gumbo featuring meaty grilled oyster mushrooms. We’ll start it with the ‘holy trinity’ of cajun cooking, onions, celery, and bell peppers. We’ll add a lot of garlic, some seared okra, a long cooked roux, a rich stock, and 8 different herbs and spices. Then top it off with a mix of white, and wild rice, topped with scallions, parsley, and file powder.
3) French White Bean and Vegan Sausage Cassoulet: A classic cassoulet of creamy white beans, house-made vegan sausage, mirepoix, herbs, and plum tomatoes. Topped with herbed bread crumbs and baked to perfection.
4) Lasagna with Smoked Lentil Bolognese and Cashew Mozzarella: We make our own noodles, and layer them with a rich tomato sauce, hickory-smoked lentil bolognese, basil, and our housemade meltable cashew mozzarella.
5) Antipasti Salad: We’ll take many of the classic Italian antipasti ingredients, and present them in the form of a nice salad. Marinated cashew mozzarella, kalamata olives, pepperoncini, and smoked onion slices will be tossed with a nice oregano and red wine vinaigrette, ready for you to eat on its own or toss with fresh romaine or other salad greens
6) Butterball Potato Salad with Sorrel Pesto and Walnuts: We’ll roast butterball potatoes, chill them, and toss them with a fresh sorrel pesto.
7) Smoked Beet Tartar- Excellent to spread on bread, crackers, or just use as a condiment!
8) Almond Cake with Peach Chutney
For this week, a gluten free option will be available as well! Just be sure to specify it in your request.
I’m looking to have deliveries happen between Noon and 4:00, and will likely have the time window more focused once we have done this a few times. Of course, you are welcome to pay us a visit to pick up as well!
We are based near Humboldt Park, and there may be a delivery fee applied depending on how far away you are from us and other delivery points.
If you are interested in delivery on Tuesday September 19’th, write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org, tell us how many sets you might like to order, your location, and a phone number, and we’ll deliver you some great food for the week!
You will need to place your order by 5 pm on Sunday September 17th if you are interested in delivery.
I look forward to feeding you!